Send us your photos!
A fun feature
Last fall we introduced a Community Photography feature in the print version of The Lansing Journal. Lansing photographers at all levels of experience participated, and we had fun showing off local businesses, residents, and various points of interest.
We’d like to bring that feature back! You have all summer to participate.
We are looking for photos of LANSING RESIDENTS on vacation somewhere OUTSIDE OF LANSING.
Email your photos to Melanie at The Lansing Journal. Include:
- The name of the person (or people) in the photo
- The name of the person who took the photo
- The location where the photo was taken
Three hints for increasing the likelihood that your photo will be chosen for an upcoming print issue of The Lansing Journal:
- Include a copy of The Lansing Journal in the photo. (We love that!)
- Travel somewhere far away—we’ll probably give a shout-out to the Lansing resident who traveled the farthest this summer.
- Include all the information we ask for above. In other words, make it as easy as possible for us to use your photo.
You do NOT need to be a professional photographer to participate in our Community Photography series. The Lansing Journal is a community newspaper, and we want to make sure our community is represented in its pages. We are looking for variety, diversity, and creativity. We’ll choose as many as we can fit into a photo spread in an upcoming issue.
- September 13 Community Photography: Eclipsing Lansing
- October 4 Community Photography: Lansing Journal Sightings
- November 1 Community Photography: Thank you, Lansing veterans